- Shokei Jogakkai (Shokei Christian Girls’ School Home)was opened by Lavinia Mead. Anny S. Buzzell arrived at Sendai.
First school building was constructed in January
Baptist layperson and mission supporter, Ella O. Patrick, donated the funds for the building, which was named "Ella O. Patrick Home." Thereafter, through gifts from women like her, Shokei would owe its existence to the Woman's American Baptist Foreign Mission Society for decades to come.
- Formally established on November 24 as an accredited school (Shokei Girls' School), according to the Private Schools Law of the Ministry of Education. Anny S. Buzzell became the first principal.
- Mary Danielle Jesse of the Woman's American Baptist Foreign Mission Society arrived at Shokei.
- Shokei Practice Kindergarten was opened by Buzzell.
Mary Jesse was installed as the second principal in September.
Yodomi Christian Group began as a Sunday Church School on campus, with more than 200 pupils.
Established 3-year Higher Departments called, Koutouka (English Dept. and Homemaking Dept.).
* "Higher Department/Koutouka" refers to education above Junior High school.
- Kindergarten was closed.
- Jesse returned to the USA on furlough to raise funds for the Higher Department.
- Building for Higher Department (Indiana Building) was completed.
Name of Higher Department (Koutouka) changed to Post-graduate* Department, Senkouka.
Kindergarten Teacher Training Department and Commercial Department was established.
* "Post- graduate" refers to education above Junior High level and later on, the High School level.
English Dept. and Commercial Dept. were discontinued.
Post-graduate special course renamed Special Homemaking course.
Financial independence from Mission was intennded taking the opportunity of 50th Anniversary of the school.
Name was changed to "Sendai Shokei Girls' School."
- 50th Anniversary of the school
- Chapel and English classes were suspended.
July -- Air raid on Sendai and dormitory was destroyed.
August -- End of the war
September -- Allied Occupation Forces use Shokei buildings, forcing Shokei to move.
December -- All buildings were returned by Occupation Forces.
- English Dept. was re-established as Advanced Course (senkouka).
- Physical Education Course was established as Advanced Course (abolished in 1950).
- Shokei Women’s 2 year Junior College established with a Home Economics Department (30 students) and an English Dept. (35 students).
- Junior College Early Child Care Department for Kindergarten Teacher Training was newly established (30 students).
Shokei Kindergarten was re-established and its new building was completed.
Miss Beulah McCoy was installed as acting president.
English Department was re-established (100 students): English and American Literature Course, Practical Business Course and Cultural Course.
College building on the Nakayama College Campus was completed.
English Dept. was authorized by the government to grant second level Junior High Teaching Certificates in Health.
Addition of Home Economics Dept. building was completed.
Construction of dormitory annex begun.
Junior College Child Care Department moved to newly completed building on Nakayama College Campus.
Home Economics Course was authorized to issue second level Junior High Teaching Certificate in Health.
College campuses (Hachiman and Nakayama) were integrated on the Natori college campus in Natori City.
Department of Human Relations was established (100 students).
The name Shokei Jogakuin (Shokei Girl's School) was changed to Shokei Gakuin.
A four-year co-educational college was established with the name Shokei Gakuin College.
Shokei Gakuin College was opened with the Faculty of Comprehensive Human Sciences consisting of the Dept. of Human Health and Nutrition (100 students) and the Dept. of Human Psychology (100 students).
Shokei Women's Junior College name remains the same.*
*The Junior College became a part of Shokei Gakuin College.
Home Life Science Dept. became the Department of Home and Creative Life Study.
- Shokei added three new departments - the Department of Culture and Communication Activities, the Department for the Study of Contemporary Society, and the Department of Life Environment Studies. Shokei now has five departments in the four-year college. In addition, the Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences was established. The school's name was changed to Shokei Gakuin University.
- University library building completed, opens in September.
Shokei Gakuin University added a new department - the Department for the Study of Children.
The oldest school building, Ella O. Patrick Home, moved from Shokei High School campus in Sendai to university campus in Natori. It was rebuilt partially using the original wooden materials.
- Junior College discontinued.
120th anniversary of the school. The anniversary ceremony was held at Sendai Kokusai Hotel and 491 people attended.
University chapel built.
- Clinical Psychology Counseling Center opened.
Shokei Gakuin University Library
Ella O. Patrick Home
Shokei Gakuin University Chapel